Thursday, August 10, 2006

Miami Vice: 3 Scoops



movie review

The movie was a great tribute to the original television series from the 80's. Colin Farrell channeled Don Johnson. As with the original series, Sonny (played by Farrell) has a Ferrari and fast boats are featured throughout the movie. The action scenes were great and the plotline kept me interested.

There were some things that I didn't like. A couple of the characters had really thick foreign accents and sometimes I couldn't catch what they were actually saying. During the setup of the plot, Farrell and Fox's characters along with their other teammates often used police drung lingo that I found unfamiliar. The plot was also sometimes a little jumpy and somewhat hard to follow. But I had forgotten all of this halfway through the movie when the action got real heavy and exciting.

If you ever watched the old show this movie is definately a must see!

No comments: